Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Annotated Bibliography

Annotated Bibliography

Rich, Beach. "Representations of Different Age Groups or Occupations." CI5472 Teaching Film, Television, and Media. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Apr 2011. .

The author of this web page focused on all the ways children are used in the media. He states at one point how 70% of children in commercials are used to advertise positive things. One of the things I like about it is it kind of help me to understand why kids are so effective in media. I definitely feel I can relate this source to Hard Knock Life. This article not only gives overall statistics pertaining to children in the media, it also does a good job of breaking things down by race and gender. The article does rely on the assumption that you are aware of children in the media. It also relies on that you can recall having seen those representations.

In Jay-Z’s music video Hard Knock Life, Jay-Z shows children throughout the video as he raps about life in the hood. This source is going to be the most useful to me when I talk about what a child in the media means. My secondary source talks a lot about the different ethnic groups of children that are displayed on TV and in Magazines. So off of that I can go into what is significant about him using solely black children in his video. And not only the significance of the race he uses but the significance of the way he uses them.

Other Sources:
Annie
Annie’s Audience

Interaction:
Jay-Z claims in the song that “it’s the hard knock life” for people living in impoverished neighborhoods and he uses the kids to do so. My secondary source goes into how often children are used and what groups of children are used

No comments:

Post a Comment