Monday, April 25, 2011

Annotation

This article was written by Kerri Clopton, an affiliate of the University of Iowa, and Katheryn East. I believe that the focus of this article is on what educators need to understand while dealing with and working with a child who has a parent in prison. The pitch of this article means the reader, normally an early childhood educator, to understand that children with parents in prison need circumstantial educational thought. This article goes through the issues related to parental incarceration to potentially ward off any confrontation or other issues between an educator and the subject child. The article uses references from many fairly recent scholarly works and one children's book. The article does well to not make assumptions and makes it clear that educators should also not make any assumptions either. I think the one and only assumption that the text uses is the inevitability of issues related to children with incarcerated parents. I feel that while there is a strong possibility of these issues arising due to the experience, it is not inevitable.

Much of my secondary source has quantitative information that is related to my primary source. I plan on encompassing the quantitative information on children with parents in prison as evidence to support the claims I am making in my primary source analysis. While my secondary source is mostly generated toward educators, I believe it is possible to tie the evidence in the secondary source to support my thesis and ideas in my primary source analysis. Both of my research questions could also possibly be answered with evidence by tying information and behavior of children with parents in prison from my secondary source. My main focus of using this article is to pull the quantitative data such as percentages and children’s behavior from my secondary source to again support the claims that I am making about the lyrics of my song.


No comments:

Post a Comment